Friday 11 July 2014

I Never Called My Industry Bland, Mediocre – Genevieve

I Never Called My Industry Bland, Mediocre – Genevieve

This is certainly not the best of times for Genevieve Nnaji. Recently, she was quoted to have said she doesn’t think she can “return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterised Nollywood in the past”. That ‘simple’ statement did go on to brew a storm in the entertainment industry, as her fans and colleagues descended on her for kicking the industry that ‘made’ her.
Movie director, Mac Collins Chidebe was one of the unimpressed. “Genevieve has just insulted the industry that made her who she is today. Really, what effort has she made to help improve Nollywood? Those days in Enugu when Genevieve was growing in Nollywood, our movies were not rubbish; she has grown now, made money, fame, popularity etc., how much has she invested in this Industry that made her?” he queried.
Probably realising her mistake, the actress released a statement saying; “I never called my industry bland and mediocre. Truth or not, they were not my words. As a person/writer, you can ‘assume’ what you like about my thought process but do not project those thoughts as ‘quotes’ by me. It’s distasteful, insensitive and quite unprofessional. It’s insulting to those limited few working hard to make a difference in the industry. I am a pr”Genevieve Nnaji

No comments:

Post a Comment