Wednesday 21 January 2015

Muna Obiekwe: Tributes pour in to Nigerian actor

Muna Obiekwe: Tributes pour in to Nigerian actor

Tributes have been pouring in for Nigerian actor Muna Obiekwe, who was reported dead on Sunday January 18 after battling with kidney disease.

"OMG when death strikes Nollywood or the African film industry stars 'I Shake' but I Know He is in control. Muna my brother, I have the opportunity to work with you twice in my career, you did inspire me to be at my best. RIP.” - Van Vicker

"Nollywood has lost a brother. May your soul rest in peace.” - Juliet Ibrahim

Stella Damasus could not believe the news at first, just like other fans of Muna, because of a fake twitter post. According to her, “I just confirmed it from close friends and relatives that he is really dead.
The messages on twitter that he was still alive were from a fake account.

So this is my pain, how do you know what to believe and what not to believe? Where do we draw the line? Over nine thousand people on twitter believed that he was still alive because of a fake twitter account.
REST In PEACE Bro, I was hoping that it was a rumour. God rest your soul. This is so painful.
Whoever put up that message out on fake twitter account should be careful. Don't play games with people's lives like that." - Stella Damasus

Some tweets and Instagram posts have since the announcement of the actor’s death been pouring in.

"RIP Muna Obiekwe…May his soul find rest in the bosom of The Lord." - Dakore Akande

"My heart goes out to Muna’s family and loved ones. He was a gifted actor with a good heart. Rest in Peace Muna Obiekewe. You will be missed.” - Genevieve Nnaji

“My condolences to the family/fans of Muna Obiekwe. May God comfort us all. He was one of a kind. A consummate actor and a light dimmed early. And whoever that fake impostor of Muna is, making mundane capital out of his death on twitter, may that guy be afflicted if he doesn’t repent.” - Charles Novia

GBC

No comments:

Post a Comment